The first FDA-cleared device for treating excessive underarm sweat that provides a lasting solution
￼￼￼￼miraDry is a breakthrough non-invasive microwave technology that safely eliminates underarm sweat glands and provides a lasting reduction of underarm sweat.
How does it work?
The miraDry System delivers precisely controlled microwave energy non-invasively to the region where the sweat glands reside. The energy generates heat which results in thermolysis of the sweat glands. At the same time, a continuous hydro-ceramic cooling system protects the superficial dermis and keeps heat at the level of the sweat glands. Because sweat glands do not regenerate (1) after treatment, the results are significant and lasting (2). Most patients report a dramatic reduction of their sweat – in a recent clinical study (3), the average sweat reduction was 82%.
Advantages of the miraDry system·
- FDA-cleared to treat excessive underarm sweat
- Lasting and stable efficacy
- Strong safety profile
- 90% patient satisfaction (3)
- Minimal to no downtime for the patient
- Brochure for patients
- Brochure for doctors
- Patient reviews on Realself.com
- The press release that Miramar Labs issued after gaining the CE mark
- Articles & presentations
- Interested? Please contact one of our sales persons in your country
- "The ontogenesis of sweat glands is only at the embryonic period, so no new sweat glands are regenerated at birth." Li H, Gang Z, et al. Antigen Expression of Human Eccrine Sweat Glands. J Cutan Pathol 2009: 36: 318-324
- Feasilibity data @ 3 years. Commercial device data @ 2 years. Histology w/absence glands
- H. Chin-Ho Hong, MD, Mark Lupin, MD et al; Dermatol Surgery 2012; 38:728-735.